FAQ - IBRMC Events
Anyone looking to join IBR should definitely join one of our weekly meets. This is a mandatory criteria to join us on long rides. It will also help you to get along with our members and understand them better.
You should be a member of one or more chapter-specific Facebook groups in order to get weekly-meet notifications. Click here to join.
Meets can be found here.
Official Rides (except MTR and community service events) are open to only regular members (be regular on meets at least). All rides are self-sponsored and you may be required to give an initial boot-money to the ride captain to take care of your food bills en-route.
Each member should strictly adhere to ride-captains instructions and plan. A rider may be asked to leave in case they are either not following the ride guidelines or not wearing appropriate riding gear.
Rides can be found here.
BULLETIAPA - The IBRMC Megameet
Bulletiapa is a form of IBR Megameet that was first organized by the Udaipur Chapter in Udaipur in 2013. The first meet was named Desert Meet. Since then all chapter members of IBR meets every year. The 2014 Megameet was named Bulletiapa which Bangalore retained in 2015. Core members collectively decided to rename Megameet to Bulletiapa going forward.
Checkout all Bulletiapa events here
What Is MTR - Morning Thump Raga
MTR is a 1-day breakfast-cum-lunch ride that is organized by each chapter at least once in 2 months. Below are some important points about MTR:
This ride is open to all ranks. A good opportunity for new members to ride with IBR.
- There is no max cap of participants.
- The ride usually starts in the early morning and ends in the evening.
- The ride usually ranges between 100-200 km.
- This is a self-sponsored ride
- Keep checking IBR events for more updates about these rides
Things to remember:
- Mandatory gears– No rider will be allowed to join this ride without the below-listed gears
- Full face helmet
- Riding pants, jeans, or cargos. No shorts, 3/4ths, track pants, etc.
- Shoes and boots. No slippers, sandals, floaters, crocs etc.
- Recommended by not mandatory gears –
- Riding Armour jacket
- Elbow and Knee Guard
- Armour gloves
- Riding shoes
- Usually, the Ride captain asks for initial booting of money for breakfast and lunch. If you have issues with booting, please inform the ride captain/chapter mod in advance.
What Is Megadventure
Megadventure was the caption-name of IBR’s maiden Leh-Ladakh ride in June 2009. Since then, all long group rides in IBR have been named accordingly. However, it is important to know what qualifies for a long ride to be tagged as Megadventure:
- The ride should be for 10 days or more
- The majority of the riders should be recognized, regular and active members. A multi-chapter composition is allowed
- The riding kilometers should be a minimum of 1500
- The ride itinerary and discussion should be posted on the IBR Facebook group or page at least 1 month before the ride start date
- The ride should have strict criteria for member selection. The ride captain retains this decision
- Open to only regular IBR members who are regular on meets