FAQ - IBRMC Membership
Which Motorcycle(s) Are Allowed In IBR?
Effective 26th March 2021, IBRMC has changed its criteria for membership. Earlier, only Royal Enfield and Jawa motorcycles were allowed; however, we are now transitioning from a brand-following cult to a more of an adventure touring club. Based on that, following motorcycle categories are allowed/not allowed.
Minimum Cubic Capacity
350cc and above
Motorcycle Not Allowed
In case your motorcycle make/model does not qualify for membership, the same will be intimated to you during the meet by chapter moderators.
If you agree with these terms, proceed with Joining formalities
Active And Regular Membership
- You should be above 18 years of age
- You should be riding one of the allowed-motorcycles
- You should have a valid driving license that has not expired. For pillion, DL is not mandatory
- It doesn’t matter whether you’re male or female. But you got to have a passion for traveling on motorcycles
- You make a promise to yourself that you will not use IBR’s name, position, contents, etc. for your own benefits. No commercial activity will be entertained. You got to take approval from the admin/moderators in case you are indulged in an activity that might result in a “conflict of interest”
- Be regular on weekly meets
Joining our Chapter specific FB group or liking Facebook page makes you an online member. You can join one of our regional chapter Facebook group and get your account approved by the chapter mods. For that, you need to meet them in person which can happen when you actually attend a meet or ride.
An IBR member will be removed from the club based on the below-mentioned process:
- Online Member – One who does not attend meets or rides and restricts activity only to IBR social media sites.
- Regular Member – One who attends meets and rides
Online member can be removed by Site Admin and/or Moderator
Regular Member can be removed by Current and/or Ex Chapter mods of the region and no need to notify Planning Commission members.
As a regular member, you may be removed if you:
- Do not adhere to the club’s rules.
- Disrespect IBR values.
- Have disciplinary issues.
- Indulge in external club activities more than IBR specific events.
- Join another club.
- Misuse IBR’s name, merchandise, or related stuff.