Skip to content

Wandering Wheels: A Solo Motorcycle Expedition from Hyderabad to the Unknown"

Moved Blogs & Travelogues
  • @Venky369 Dhanyawaad Venky !!! 🤗 🤗 🤗

• Travelogues - - Part 5

Yercaud Chronicles

Good Morning Yercaud,
    The morning view from my window painted a picture of misty tranquility as I awakened to the allure of Yercaud. It was time to kick-start the day with the famed Yercaud filter coffee and set out to explore the treasures this hill station nestled in the Shevaroy Hills had to offer.

Yercaud, a gem in Tamil Nadu, is renowned for its orange groves, coffee, fruit, and spice plantations. With Lady's Seat, Gents Seat, Pagoda Point, the 32 km-long Loop Road, Shevaroy Temple, Sri Chakra Mahameru Temple, along with numerous parks and churches, the town promised a myriad of experiences.

After a breakfast feast of piping hot idlis, I mounted my trusty 650cc motorcycle, ready to venture into the uncharted territories of Yercaud. The roads, adorned with coffee and spice plantations, were a motorcyclist's dream—twisty, solitary, and beckoning me to explore.

Surrounded by towering mountain ranges, narrow streams, and waterfalls, the landscape was a visual and sensory treat. The air was pure, filling my heart and lungs with invigorating freshness. Deciding to follow my motorcycle's lead, I skipped the extensive trekking routes and focused on places accessible on two wheels.

From Lady's Seat and Gents Seat to Shevaroy Temple and Maha Meru Temple, I explored untaken roads that led me to moments of solace and tranquility. Armed with some snacks and a makeshift tea setup, I relished moments of tea amidst nature's symphony, where time seemed to stand still.

After a day of exploration and immersing myself in nature's vibes, I found myself at the lake, sipping on a cup of filter coffee. Seeking recommendations from locals for a late lunch spot, I indulged in Tamil Nadu style chicken biryani and mutton sukka at a hidden gem in the small town.

As mist and fog began to embrace the town, lights started to flicker, setting the stage for a magical evening. The local market beckoned, and with the temperature dropping, I pulled out my gloves and woolen skull cap. Chai and piping hot mirchi bajji were the perfect companions for a cozy chat with the locals, making every bite an adventure.

With the town gradually settling into its nightly embrace, I bid adieu to the day, knowing that a new road and a new journey awaited me come morning. Until next time, Yercaud, so long.

https://www.instagram.com/lone_wolf_diaries?igsh=MXFpZTA5Zmc0dGJheQ==

4cfff615-ecb2-4a85-9e6c-d9a3cbac7d30-image.png

b7c9005a-1590-4122-a6b5-c3fcfedcb440-image.png

7057330b-11ee-4e37-bcdc-776537702176-image.png

84674759-e66d-4a9d-838e-46ae374cf550-image.png

e3d8e8ab-d6ac-4364-ba29-85674cc13123-image.png

fce93007-0e09-47cb-9cf0-9c7f2a02a4ce-image.png

2d321ef7-59d5-41fa-8c99-d05c174b2a4c-image.png

5e96c7e0-12d5-4fa4-9b62-0a7a837bec8e-image.png

fdc2f3f3-c3d8-4028-b12b-519a059a6b4f-image.png

72b0b01a-6eaa-4deb-a857-2ca20a912b4e-image.png

de92f4fb-f5ce-4a6e-8a23-dfff2e3938af-image.png

7c84e1b1-f19c-4589-8254-87558eb17d31-image.png

9ee19525-f17a-4d0e-a319-a209e752b226-image.png

3e691987-88b4-46cb-8253-03eeaac00dd0-image.png

13173d8f-e8e5-40a6-9182-42f656343198-image.png

4e780456-a390-48b7-bd10-cc23c28b51a0-image.png

• A Serpentine Journey: Yercaud to Salem

Travelogues - - Part 6

As the first light kissed the hills of Yercaud, I bid farewell to the tranquil charm of this mesmerizing hill station. The adventure began at 6 am, weaving through the narrow lanes before encountering the thrilling embrace of 20 hairpin bends at the town's edge.

Each bend had its own story to tell – a quaint village tucked away, a hidden waterfall, or a panoramic view that left me breathless. Ascending to the top of the ghats, the vista unfolded like a canvas painted by nature, showcasing the valley below in all its pristine glory.

The motorcycle hummed beneath me as I navigated the winding roads, flanked by lush green jungles on either side. Traveling solo allowed me the freedom to pause at every turn, capturing the majestic ghats and the untamed beauty that surrounded me.

The descent led me to Salem, a city pulsating with life and history. The contrast from the serene hills to the vibrant streets of Salem was palpable. The journey was not just about the destinations but the transitions – from the tranquility of Yercaud to the lively energy of Salem.

As I reflect on these two days, it's not just the places I've visited but the moments etched in memory – the serenity of dawn, the thrill of conquering hairpin bends, and the silent conversations with nature at each stop. Yercaud has left an indelible mark on my soul, and the road to Salem was the perfect epilogue to this chapter of my travel diary.

d6d589f4-b295-4b55-bf5c-22f37eeb2364-image.png

ce7621c5-dc43-4118-879e-0980313b9605-image.png

a7f424f1-6175-48b1-812a-186dd8d48b8a-image.png

dc8d28bf-55f8-4737-b9d6-7d78e470d2a3-image.png

b52c31bb-ec4e-47fc-b9c2-aeb7a128ac13-image.png

fc1ffc5d-8966-4c73-8a20-7a404472b8e4-image.png

ab7e2e79-1aa3-4eec-aa63-21d6407419bb-image.png

30acff2f-73d9-445f-bf3e-2c554dedd054-image.png

6420cd9f-8130-44d5-8fc3-db0641d04866-image.png

• From Yercaud to Kodai - A Journey of Exploration

Travelogues - - Part 7

As the morning sun cast its golden hues upon the quaint town of Yercaud, I mounted my trusty motorcycle, ready to embark on another adventure. With the wind in my hair and the thrill of the open road ahead, I set off on a solo journey with no destination in mind, only the promise of new experiences waiting to unfold.

The road stretched out before me, winding through the serene countryside as I made my way towards Salem, my next pit stop. The mere 30-kilometer distance seemed insignificant compared to the vast possibilities that lay ahead. Salem greeted me with its bustling streets and vibrant colors, a stark contrast to the lonely roads and quiet solitude I had grown accustomed to.

Amidst the hustle and bustle of city life, I found solace in a humble roadside chai stall, savoring the rich flavors of Salem's famous brew. With my mind buzzing with the excitement of new adventures, I consulted my trusty companion, Google Maps, pondering my next move. Salem, with its central location, offered me a plethora of options, but one destination stood out - Kodaikanal, or Kodai, as it's affectionately known.

With a sense of determination, I navigated my way through Salem's labyrinthine streets, dodging traffic and pedestrians alike. Google Maps, though a helpful guide, often led me astray, prompting me to seek assistance from a kind-hearted gentleman who pointed me in the right direction.

Soon, the familiar sight of AH43, the Asian Highway 43, greeted me, its open expanse beckoning me forth. The highway stretched out before me like an endless ribbon of asphalt, flanked by verdant landscapes and majestic mountains. As a solo traveler, I had a penchant for capturing the milestones and road signs that marked my journey, each one a testament to the miles traveled and the adventures encountered along the way.

Amidst the scenic vistas and smooth tarmac, I stumbled upon Sri Murugavilas Traditional Claypot Cooking Restaurant, a tantalizing oasis in the midst of my journey. Though tempted by the promise of delectable cuisine, I reluctantly pressed on, the road calling out to me with its irresistible allure.

As I cruised past towns like Namakkal and Karur, each one a fleeting blur in my rearview mirror, I couldn't help but marvel at the beauty of the journey. The next stop on my itinerary, as dictated by the ever-reliable Google, was Dindigul, but that would have to wait for another day.

And so, with the wind at my back and the open road stretching out before me, I continued on my solo odyssey, each mile bringing me closer to my destination, and yet, further into the heart of adventure. Until next time, onwards I ride, with the promise of new horizons on the horizon.

27102265-5444-4aa8-929a-0e11ec0c8174-image.png

6350a1e4-814a-406c-8b80-1663240e8b8f-image.png

713f7eb7-2c27-4898-90ad-ddbbb5b2715c-image.png

eb88175f-a0a9-4cd5-8590-b3312d57e323-image.png

39347573-c615-48b6-b2e5-677c28985a81-image.png

5b6e6911-5f90-42ca-8a6f-178e6c2c96c1-image.png

11b8d949-8586-4f5e-a2ba-b11fb2d3c411-image.png

a083cdaa-1ce1-4623-852d-2df6cd85c4a0-image.png

79043dcd-eb44-482d-a6ca-f2a466c18ba8-image.png

• Embracing the Unknown.. A Journey to Dharmathupatti

Travelogue – Part 8

Continued from the road.

Happiness, for many, resides in tangible luxuries. For me, it lingers in the open air, the caress of the wind, and the scent of dust in the atmosphere. The roads forge a connection with Mother Earth, a communion essential for inner peace.

As the odometer ticks, memories unfurl like an ancient scroll, treasures to be cherished. In the end, it's not just a journey, it's a pilgrimage to the sanctuary within, a testament to the importance of living in the present.

As the wheels of my trusty 650cc twin-cylinder machine ate up the miles towards Dindigul, the highway became a dance floor for trucks. Some gracefully allowed me to pass, while others seemed to have missed the memo on road etiquette. Nonetheless, the journey was underway, and my destination was not just a dot on the map but an experience waiting to unfold.

Connections are not confined to maps; they sprawl across the highways, fostering a unique way of life. New perspectives are uncovered, and the roads become gateways to learning. In this transient freedom, decisions crystallize, and the journey becomes a conduit for self-discovery. For in facing fears on these winding roads, I don't merely travel; I transcend, becoming the better version of myself with every passing mile.

In the virtual realm of Google Maps, the traditional high traffic route to Kodaikanal blinked insistently. However, a faint memory of a reel surfaced, revealing an alternative route adorned with beautiful ghats. With "Explore the Unknown" as my life motto, I decided to veer off the beaten path.

Mapping out my route, I found myself en route to Dharmathupettai, a village tucked away from the bustling highways. The transition from smooth tarmac to dusty village roads was not a complaint but an invitation to traverse lush green farms and paddy fields, immersing myself in the embrace of nature's gifts.

Solo riding through this picturesque landscape became a delightful communion with the surroundings. The language barrier between me and the locals added a layer of challenge, but tea stalls emerged as oases of information. Conversations with the villagers unfolded slowly, with each cup of tea becoming a passport to the right direction.

After approximately 20 kilometers, I arrived at Dharmathupatti – a living tableau resembling the rural villages we often see on the big screen. Temples adorned the landscape, and devotional songs painted the air with a serene melody. The simplicity of the village left me momentarily speechless; it was as if my presence there was a silent acknowledgment of the beauty found in simplicity.

A pause for a cup of tea allowed me to absorb the essence of Dharmathupatti. Stay tuned for the next installment, where a real treat awaits. The journey continues, promising more discoveries and the unraveling of the unknown.

5f231597-b151-4d1f-a227-275a1460f82e-image.png

a77fe5e2-bbc4-4d1e-8064-cd309dc82b14-image.png

ff1c2c31-d0f3-48bb-8feb-a8912546fc9b-image.png

70d9bef8-e053-4426-8500-023ff8f4ba98-image.png

08733f8c-9eb2-442e-b626-cc0fd1e7f18d-image.png

• Monkey Business and Hairpin Bends

Travelogue - - Part 9

After an invigorating tea session with the locals in the quaint town of Dharmathupatti, armed with nothing but vague directions and a moderate fuel gauge, I embarked on what I thought would be a leisurely ride to Pandrimalai. Little did I know, I was in for a rollercoaster of an adventure.

As I revved up my motorcycle, the fuel gauge displayed a modest four bars – a reminder of the unpredictability that awaited me on this uncharted road. With Google Maps as my guide and the whispers of locals pointing towards the quaint hill town of Pandrimalai, I embarked on a 16-kilometer journey into the unknown.

The rhythmic hum of the twin cylinders became my soundtrack for the journey ahead. Surrounded by lush jungle villages and mischievous monkeys, I felt like I had stumbled upon nature's own playground. The fog-laden hilltops only added to the mystical allure of the landscape, painting a picture-perfect scene straight out of a Da Vinci masterpiece.

The road ahead was as mysterious as it was inviting, winding through lush landscapes and promising hidden treasures at every turn. Yet, the uncertainty of finding a fuel pump along the way loomed over me like a shadow. I turned to the locals for guidance, their words offering reassurance but lacking the precise details I sought.

With no one but the monkeys for company, I navigated through uncharted territory, relying solely on the guidance of milestone markers and direction signs. But it wasn't until I reached the infamous "Ghat roads start" sign that the real adventure began.
    With 43 hairpin bends looming ahead, I braced myself for what promised to be a test of both skill and nerve. As the road narrowed and the bends grew steeper, I found myself clinging to the edge of my seat literally. Yet, with each twist and turn, the breathtaking vistas below served as a reminder of why I embarked on this journey in the first place.

Undeterred by the lack of certainty, I embraced the adventure that lay ahead. Each twist and turn of the road unveiled new vistas, each passing mile a testament to the thrill of exploration. With every passing moment, the allure of discovery grew stronger, driving me forward in pursuit of the unknown.

As I rode on, the rhythm of the journey became my companion, the hum of the engine blending harmoniously with the symphony of nature that surrounded me. Time seemed to lose its grip as I surrendered to the serenity of the open road, my thoughts wandering amidst the beauty of the landscape.

The solitude of the road, coupled with its treacherous twists and turns, was a testament to its untouched beauty. But it wasn't just the road that captivated me; it was the unexpected encounters along the way. From narrow streams and picturesque bridges to serene lakes nestled among mountain ranges, each pitstop offered a chance to immerse myself in the natural wonders of the land.

Despite the absence of a clear destination, I found solace in the journey itself a testament to the timeless allure of travel and the boundless spirit of adventure. With each passing mile, I drew closer to Pandrimalai, the promise of its hidden wonders beckoning me ever onward.

1d2f5286-c4e3-4705-98a2-bad2804472a9-image.png

21edd226-b590-4043-8e82-af97d7fb18bb-image.png

e6aaa358-72aa-4b89-96a5-897ce6e0d57d-image.png

827cc51e-30b2-453e-b33c-0e8c32355e76-image.png

0f7f5722-5498-43d5-a626-b10935471ef4-image.png

7a8d050a-c930-48b3-9a3a-03949b64f620-image.png

41b9ea97-e569-4f82-9c46-0d333b585e64-image.png

03115aa5-883b-4f03-aee5-39909de87fa7-image.png

• A Journey to Pandrimalai

Travelogue - - Part 10

As I navigated through the pristine wilderness, the question lingered in my mind like a persistent whisper – why was this road so untouched, so immaculate? The answer, it seemed, revealed itself with each successive hairpin bend.

The first clue came as I tackled the 43 narrow and steep hairpin bends that snaked their way through the landscape. Each twist and turn, while challenging, offered a glimpse into the rugged beauty of the terrain and the sheer determination of those who had carved this path through the wilderness.

But it was not until I had conquered another ten bends that the second reason for the road's pristine condition became apparent. Nestled amidst the verdant hillsides, hidden from view until now, lay a sanctuary of untouched nature – a haven for flora and fauna alike.

As I continued along the winding road, the realization dawned on me – this route remained pristine not out of neglect, but out of reverence for the untamed beauty that surrounded it. Here, amidst the tranquil embrace of nature, man had tread lightly, leaving behind only fleeting traces of his passage.

Gliding through the ghats, I lost count of the mountain ranges I crossed, but the allure of the hairpin bends ahead kept me on track. Narrow streams meandered alongside the route, their gentle flow a soothing accompaniment to my journey. With each passing bridge, I couldn't resist the call of the water, compelled to pause and immerse myself in nature's embrace.

As noon approached, the solitude of the road remained unbroken, yet the serenity of the surroundings filled me with a profound sense of peace. With not a soul in sight, I revelled in the freedom of the open road, the absence of human presence only serving to heighten the beauty of the landscape.

Pausing by the stream, I dismounted from my bike and walked to the edge of the bridge, feeling the cool breeze caress my skin and the rush of the water below. In that moment, time seemed to stand still as I surrendered to the tranquillity of the scene before me.

The gushing melody of the stream enveloped me like a familiar embrace, soothing my senses and lulling me into a state of pure bliss. In the embrace of nature, I found solace, my heart overflowing with gratitude for the beauty that surrounded me.
    With each passing moment, the weight of the world seemed to lift from my shoulders, replaced by a sense of lightness and joy. In that fleeting moment of zen, amidst the untamed beauty of the wilderness, I felt truly alive.

And so, with renewed Vigor and a heart full of gratitude, I mounted my bike once more, ready to continue my journey into the unknown. For in the endless possibilities of adventure that lay ahead, I found the true essence of freedom and the boundless spirit of exploration.

And so, with each hairpin bend conquered and each hidden treasure unearthed, I pressed on towards Pandrimalai, humbled by the majesty of the journey and the untamed beauty that lay waiting around every corner. For in the end, it is not merely the destination that defines our travels, but the uncharted paths we dare to tread along the way.

• And then I saw Him

Travelogue - - Part 11

As I revved up my motorcycle and set off towards Pandrimalai, little did I know that I was in for an unforgettable encounter. The road stretched out before me, winding through lush forests and serene countryside, untouched by the hustle and bustle of modern life.

As I rode deeper into the wilderness, I soon discovered the true allure of this hidden route. It wasn't long before I came face to face with a sight that left me speechless - a mighty Indian Gaur, standing just 10 meters away from me.

Time seemed to stand still as we locked eyes, both mesmerized by the unexpected encounter. The sheer size and presence of the magnificent animal left me in awe, as I watched it peacefully grazing amidst the dense jungle.

After a few moments of silent admiration, I reluctantly moved on, leaving the majestic creature to its tranquil surroundings. As I continued my journey, I couldn't help but reflect on the rare and extraordinary experience I had just witnessed.

Now I understand why this road remains so untouched, hidden away from the crowds. It's not just about the scenic beauty or the winding trails, but the chance encounters with nature's wonders that make it truly special.

With a newfound appreciation for the untamed wilderness, I waved goodbye to the mighty Gaur and pressed on towards Pandrimalai, knowing that this journey would be etched in my memory forever.

• Nature's Embrace

Travelogue - - Part 12

After bidding farewell to the majestic Indian Gaur, I continued my journey towards Kodaikanal, eager to explore more of the untamed beauty that lay ahead. As I rode deeper into the wilderness, I stumbled upon a hidden gem - a secluded waterfall nestled amidst the verdant landscape.

The sight of the untouched waterfall took my breath away, surrounded by the symphony of gushing water and the tranquil silence of nature. I took a moment to immerse myself in the serenity, refreshing my senses with the cool spray of the cascading water.

With my trusty motorcycle by my side, I captured the beauty of the moment in photographs, cherishing the solitude of this hidden oasis. A few curious monkeys joined me, adding to the enchantment of the moment as we shared the tranquility of the untouched road.

Continuing my journey, I soon encountered a signpost indicating that Kodaikanal lay 76 kilometers ahead. Embracing the twisty roads of the ghats, I lost myself in the rhythm of the ride, the winding trails guiding me further into the heart of nature's embrace.

However, my peaceful reverie was interrupted as I noticed my fuel gauge dropping dangerously low. With determination, I pressed on, trusting the locals' assurance of finding a refueling station along the way.

Passing through Mathikettan Solai Forest viewpoint and the quaint hamlet of Adalur, I longed for a warm cup of chai but found no open shops to satisfy my craving.
    Just when I began to worry about running out of fuel, a beacon of hope emerged - an Essar fuel pump standing tall amidst the jungle landscape. Filling up my tank, I couldn't help but marvel at the beauty of the surroundings, the mist-shrouded mountains and towering trees creating a picturesque backdrop.

With my soul replenished and my tank refueled, I continued my journey, lost in the tranquility of the dense forests and the therapeutic rhythm of the ride. For us riders, the road is not just a path to our destination but a journey of self-discovery and inner peace. Until next time, may the road continue to lead us on adventures of the soul.

• Let's continue the journey

Travelouge -- Part 13

As I ventured further into the wilderness, the road signs served as gentle reminders of the distance yet to be traveled. Thandikudi lay just 26 kilometers away, while the allure of Kodaikanal beckoned from a distance of 64 kilometers. Lost in the rhythm of the ride, my mind wandered freely, devoid of any distractions or worries.

As I navigated through the winding roads, my mind began to wander, enveloped in the calming embrace of the forest. The dense foliage whispered secrets of centuries past, while the gentle hum of my motorcycle provided a comforting soundtrack to my thoughts.

With each bend of the road, I felt myself drawing closer to Kodaikanal, the anticipation of reaching my destination fueling my determination. The air grew crisper, the scent of pine mingling with the earthy aroma of the forest floor.
    Suddenly, a break in the trees revealed a breathtaking vista, the majestic mountains stretching out before me in all their glory. I couldn't help but pause, the awe-inspiring beauty of the landscape leaving me spellbound.

The narrow, winding roads continued to unfurl before me, each turn revealing a new panorama of natural beauty. I found myself surrounded by a majestic canopy of trees, their branches forming a verdant tunnel overhead. Despite the breathtaking scenery, human traffic remained scarce, allowing me to immerse myself fully in the tranquility of the journey.

As I passed a meandering stream, its crystal-clear waters glistening in the sunlight, I couldn't resist the urge to stop and admire the scene before me. Standing on the banks, I felt a sense of peace wash over me, the gentle sounds of nature soothing my soul. With camera in hand, I captured the moment in photographs, each click preserving the beauty of this fleeting encounter.

As I resumed my journey, the road seemed to stretch out endlessly before me, a ribbon of asphalt winding its way through the heart of nature's grandeur. With each passing mile, I felt a sense of liberation wash over me, the worries and stresses of everyday life melting away with the passing scenery.

Hours slipped by unnoticed as I rode deeper into the wilderness, the rhythm of the road lulling me into a state of blissful contentment. The sun began its descent towards the horizon, casting a golden glow over the landscape and painting the sky in hues of orange and pink.

With Thandikudi just 10 kilometers away and Kodaikanal still beckoning in the distance, I mounted my motorcycle once more, eager to continue my journey. As the miles melted away beneath my wheels, I embraced the solitude of the open road, knowing that every twist and turn brought me closer to my destination.

And so, with the wind at my back and the promise of adventure on the horizon, I rode onward, eager to discover what lay beyond the next bend. For in the heart of nature's embrace, amidst the untouched beauty of the wilderness, I found a sense of freedom and serenity that could only be found on the open road. Until next time, may the journey continue to unfold, revealing new wonders with each passing mile.

• Journey Pics Updated for day 1 / day 2 / day 3

• Journey Pics Updated for day 4 / 5 / 6

Suggested Topics

© India Bull Riders Motorcycle Club | All Rights Reserved

PC Members Section | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer - TOS

Creative Commons License