Skip to content

New Himalayan 452 user experience

General Discussion
  • A lot of IBRians have bought the new Himalayan 452. I am starting this thread where you can share your overall experience.

Do let us know!

2024-Royal-Enfield-Himalayan-452-specs-102-1024x662.webp

• This is about first cut observation after doing 450km with pillion (Wont talk about engine and how smooth the ride due to slipper clutch and zero vibrations, etc.)

1. Seats - Worst ever. First mod I have done for this bike is to add Imran's seat.
    2. Sitting posture - Would require handle bar riser as I have to stoop while riding which lead to shoulder and wrist pain. High seat setting caused more discomfort. Currently riding on lower setting. But I feel that this should not be a problem for 5.10" and below guys.
    3. Top heavy - Despite that, manuveouring in traffic was a breeze
    4. Side Stand - It's too bent leading to bike leaning a lot more than required. Rider can have difficulties getting a fully loaded bike in upright position.
    5. Headlight - These are no headlights. Sulabh shauchalya bulbs throw more light than these stock LEDs

That's all I can think of now. Getting my first service in fews day. Will post off-roading feedback in couple of weeks.

• @TheOne bhau aap ki Saat kyum hota😄😄😄😄😄

• @TheOne said in New Himalayan 452 user experience:

Sitting posture - Would require handle bar riser as I have to stoop while riding which lead to shoulder and wrist pain

Note... @TheOne is above 6 fts and posture issue may differ for others

• New upgrade for my Ghost
    She now glides on tubeless tyres. Conversion was done at HDT Customs, Mumbai who took 5 days to complete this task after multiple rounds of sealant curing.
    Done 1500kms plus with moderate off-roading. No issues so far.

• Mine is Only 600 kms done as Abhi bhai mentioned seats are rock hard.
    LED Head Light is not at all good. Got it fixed HJG Fog Lights immediately after taking the delivery.
    For My height Handle Bar riser is not required as i am very comfortable with the stock handle Bar.
    Brakes of the New Himalayan is Amazing.

• One issue I noticed was that bike handlebar slightly pulls towards right.
    Issue was identified due to low quality bush used in steering stem fastener.
    Apparently it is a known issue which RE guys are quitely replacing, as and when they receive this complaint.
    They didn't charge me for replaced part and I didn't ask.
    Just took test ride back home.

RE image.jpg
    RE1.jpg

Suggested Topics

© India Bull Riders Motorcycle Club | All Rights Reserved

PC Members Section | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer - TOS

Creative Commons License